Have an idea but finding it hard to put to paper? Trying to refine an idea but can’t find the exact phrasing? With seven years experience writing professionally, and over five years editing, I know what it takes to get your message across.
I’ve worked in a wide range of fields, from the non-profit sector to academia to journalism. I have successfully written and edited annual reports, research and policy papers, press releases, Op Eds and magazine pieces (including over 5 years as an editor with the Media Co-op and The Dominion magazine). I also have extensive experience editing and proof-reading subtitles and credits for documentary films.
I specifically focus on ensuring readable, accessible language that helps convey specific information to broader audiences. I’ll also make sure to hunt down missing comas, prevent poor grammar and clarify clauses to make sure your message gets out loud and clear. For more information contact me at tim.mcsorley [at] gmail.com.
Clients and experience include:
- The Media Co-op & The Dominion magazine
- The Canadian Coalition for International Cooperation
- The GDP Project interactive web-documentary (The National Film Board of Canada)
- CitizenSHIFT (The National Film Board of Canada)
- Vice News, the Montreal Gazette, This Magazine, Vue Weekly
- The Canadian Federation of Students – Quebec
- The Carbon Rush (documentary, Wide Open Exposure Productions)
- H2Oil (documentary, Loaded Pictures)